A downloadable game
You can watch some screencasts of the game online:
The source code is available under the
CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication. Image assets are from Kenney Game Assets (alternate download). The assets are also available under the CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication.
Treasure Jumpers is intended as an example for using chicken-sdl2. The source code is therefore heavily commented with explanations. You are welcome to borrow freely from the code when making your own games.
- Ctrl+S = Screenshot
- Esc = Exit
Player 1 (pink):
- W = Jump
- A = Move left
- D = Move right
Player 2 (green):
- Up Arrow = Jump
- Left Arrow = Move left
- Right Arrow = Move right
Player 3 (yellow):
- I = Jump
- J = Move left
- L = Move right
You can change the player key bindings by editing
controls.txt. Up to 5 players are supported.
I didn't have time to make a GUI level selector, but you can select your level using a command line flag. Compile the game as described in the installation instructions, then run the game on the command line like so:
If you create a fun level and would like to have it included in the game, please email john at croisant dot net.
- The performance of the game gradually degrades over time. After several minutes the framerate becomes very choppy.
- There is no HUD or GUI to display player scores.
- There is no way to win. The game never ends.
- If you walk or slide off an ice tile without jumping, you will have slippery feet until the next time you jump.
Currently, Treasure Jumpers must be compiled from source. It requires the following software:
- CHICKEN Scheme 4.8.0 or higher
- SDL 2.0 or higher
- SDL_image 2.0 or higher
vector-libeggs for CHICKEN Scheme
To compile and run Treasure Jumpers:
- Install CHICKEN Scheme, SDL, and SDL_image as appropriate for your operating system.
- Install the required eggs:
chicken-install sdl2 sdl2-image args miscmacros vector-lib
- Compile Treasure Jumpers:
csc -O3 platformer.scm
- Run Treasure Jumpers:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.